I purchased a Moby Wrap for my son after my he was born… when he was a little less than 2 months old. I really wanted to be a babywearing mom and originally had purchased a Peanut Shell sling, but I had a hard time getting my little one into it and once I did get him in, he’d just cry and cry. He didn’t seem comfortable in it and didn’t look comfortable either. I had read many good things about the Moby Wrap but I personally didn’t know anyone who had one, so I decided to try it out for myself. I ordered the color above… woven earth tone stripes with chocolate. Well, my son loved it and slept in it often! I carried him around in it for many months until he got to being an active little guy that didn’t really want to be held.
- There are a wide variety of ways to carry your baby in the Moby Wrap. I primarily used the Hug Hold when my son was very young but when he got a little older and liked to look around more I used the Lotus Hold, which is like the Hug Hold, but with my son facing outward. Some of the other ways to carry your baby is to cradle a newborn in it, the hip hold, and the back carry. The last two are for when your child is older. There is even a breastfeeding hold to carry and feed your baby at the same time. I never got a chance to try that one, but maybe when the next one comes I’ll try it out!
- I thought the wrap was a lot more comfortable than regular baby carriers like the Baby Bjorn or Snugli. It didn’t seem to pull on my shoulders as much and felt like it gave more support to my back because of the way the Moby is wrapped around your body.
- This wrap is a great way to bond with your baby because of the closeness you have with each other. Your baby is right against your chest and baby can snuggle right up to you. There is no fabric or barrier between you and your baby.
- Putting the Moby Wrap on is not as hard as it looks! It’s actually very easy and doesn’t take too long to learn. It only took me a couple of time until I actually remembered how to do it.
- The only con I could think of is that the Moby Wrap is a little toasty to wear… especially in the summertime!
The Moby Wrap is definitely my favorite baby carrier! After trying out the Peanut Shell, Snugli, Baby Bjorn, and Beco Carrier, this has been my favorite and I can’t wait to use it with our next one! I really like the Baby Bjorn and Beco out of those other ones, but I didn’t really like using them until my son was older. When he was a small baby, the Moby Wrap was great and he seemed to love it. A perfect example is when we went to the beach when our son was 2 months old. It was a windy day and our son just cried and cried because he didn’t like the wind. Well, as soon as I put him in the Moby Wrap, he stopped crying and went to sleep! We were sold just because of that! I would highly recommend this to anyone who is in search of the perfect baby carrier.